Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jianshi Huang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/02 10:42:56 UTC

Need Help: RegionTooBusyException: Above memstore limit

Hi,

I'm constantly facing "RegionTooBusyException: Above memstore limit" errors
in one region server when writing data to HBase.

I checked the region server log, and I've seen a lot of warnings during the
data writes:

  WARN wal.fshlog couldn't find oldest seqNum for the region we're about to
flush, ...

Then HBase seem to flush the data and added it as a HStore file.

I also get a few warnings in client.ShortCircuitCache, says "could not load
... due to InvalidToken exceptions.

Anyone can give me hint what went wrong?

My HBase version is 0.98.0.2.1.2.0-402, I'm using HDP 2.1, but the release
is a little bit old.

Jianshi Huang

LinkedIn: jianshi
Twitter: @jshuang

Re: Need Help: RegionTooBusyException: Above memstore limit

Posted by Jianshi Huang <ji...@gmail.com>.
The error disappeared after changing write buffer from 20MB to 2MB. Thanks
for the help!

Jianshi

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Jianshi Huang <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Problem: about hbase.regionserver.restart.on.zk.expire configuration

Posted by "Yu, Bella" <Be...@Honeywell.com>.

Hi Ted,

Now we found in version of HBASE v0.98.5, there can't be set the configuration about "hbase.regionserver.restart.on.zk.expire" ,so would you please tell us there have other ways to replace this configuration in v0.98.5.

thanks

Re: Need Help: RegionTooBusyException: Above memstore limit

Posted by Jianshi Huang <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

Posted by Jianshi Huang <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi JM,

Thanks for the hints. Here's my settings for writer.

edgeTable.setAutoFlush(false)
edgeTable.setWriteBufferSize(20971520)

The write buffer seems quite large as the region server is hosting 12
related regions I'm writing to. I'll test with smaller write buffer size.

The size of each put is between 10k~100k.

Jianshi

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 11:04 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Jo Jianshi,

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.