Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org> on 2023/12/13 14:40:41 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 3.0.0-BETA released

The Apache Tika project is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Tika 3.0.0-BETA. The release contents have been pushed out to the main
Apache release site and to the Maven Central sync.

Apache Tika is a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and
structured text content from various documents using existing parser
libraries.

Apache Tika 3.0.0-BETA includes numerous bug fixes and dependency upgrades.
The biggest change in the 3.x branch is that it requires >= Java 11.
Details can be found in the changes file:
https://www.apache.org/dist/tika/3.0.0-BETA/CHANGES-3.0.0-BETA.txt

Apache Tika is available on the download page:
https://tika.apache.org/download.html

Apache Tika will be available shortly in binary form or for use using Maven 2
from the Central Repository:
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/

When downloading, please remember to verify the downloads using
signatures found: https://www.apache.org/dist/tika/KEYS

For more information on Apache Tika, visit the project home page:
https://tika.apache.org/

NOTE: Users of the tika-pipes Solr jars (tika-emitter-solr and
tika-pipes-iterator-solr) should take steps to mitigate
the risks of logback related CVEs: CVE-2023-6481/CVE-2023-6378.

NOTE: This release requires Java 11. We plan to support the
2.x branch (which requires Java 8) for six months after the
release of 3.0.0.

-- Tim Allison, on behalf of the Apache Tika community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 3.0.0-BETA released

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
Thank you so much for the feedback, Stephen. I suspect that PDFBox
3.0.2 will be out before we release Tika 3.0.0. If it isn't, then,
yes, absolutely, we should exclude junit-jupiter.

Posted by Stephen H <st...@jiglu.com>.

Posted by Andreas Hubold <an...@coremedia.com>.
I wrote Jakarta EE 9, but it's actually Jakarta EE 10. Even better.

Posted by Andreas Hubold <an...@coremedia.com>.