Posted to ecs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/04/13 23:05:21 UTC

ECS 1.4.2 release?

(sorry about cc you guys - i just wanted to make sure that this didn't
slip under your radar.)

we've recently had a request from a user (on the ecs-user list) for a
release which contains the international character bug fix. ecs has been
stable for a long time now but there have been a few bugs fixed. so i
think that it's time for a bug fix release.

i've cut quite a few releases for commons components and i'd be willing to
act as release manager for a bug fix 1.4.2 release. i think that a release
plan or a release candidate build will be necessary (the code's been
stable for a long while now) but i will need to call a formal release VOTE.

comments please.

- robert

Re: ECS 1.4.2 release?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Monday, April 14, 2003, at 01:11 AM, Stephan Nagy wrote:

> robert burrell donkin wrote:

<snip>

>> i've cut quite a few releases for commons components and i'd be willing
>> to act as release manager for a bug fix 1.4.2 release. i think that a
>> release plan or a release candidate build will be necessary (the code's
>> been stable for a long while now) but i will need to call a formal
>> release VOTE.
>
> Great +1 here.  I didn't check cvs to see if the last bug posted had been
> fixed it had to do with calling toString() rather then casting an Object
> to a string.  I can dig up the old email if you like.

thanks, that'd be useful.

- robert

Re: ECS 1.4.2 release?

Posted by Stephan Nagy <sn...@sbcglobal.net>.
robert burrell donkin wrote:

> (sorry about cc you guys - i just wanted to make sure that this didn't
> slip under your radar.)
>
> we've recently had a request from a user (on the ecs-user list) for a
> release which contains the international character bug fix. ecs has
> been stable for a long time now but there have been a few bugs fixed.
> so i think that it's time for a bug fix release.

Yeah, I saw this and you seemed to have it well in hand so I decided not
to comment.

> i've cut quite a few releases for commons components and i'd be
> willing to act as release manager for a bug fix 1.4.2 release. i think
> that a release plan or a release candidate build will be necessary
> (the code's been stable for a long while now) but i will need to call
> a formal release VOTE.

Great +1 here.  I didn't check cvs to see if the last bug posted had
been fixed it had to do with calling toString() rather then casting an
Object to a string.  I can dig up the old email if you like.

-stephan