Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> on 2011/11/02 16:04:36 UTC

Re: Disable a Rule

On 31.10.11 02:33, Jeremy McSpadden wrote:
>Thanks Ned, my question being now - why create a rule that can reduce
> the spam count

the DNSWL rules are not created to reduce spam count, but to reduce FP
count.

> when the provider decides to enforce such a policy;

any provider can enforce any policy - should we stop using shared
databases too?

You can be denied from running sa-update if you will abuse it. should
SA stop recommending using it?

> and start returning incorrect queries.  Denied or not, it should
> NEVER return any value that would lower the spam count, if it cannot
> provide the correct answer to the query, it should send a null
> result; not some crap answer because they're systems cannot provide
> sufficient queries to the demand the public puts on their
> infrastructure.

afaik your problem was that you are using (or forced to use) your
providers' DNS servers.  Blame your provider, not SA.

Boost your system's speed by 500% - DEL C:\WINDOWS\*.*