Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Benoit Hudzia <be...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/13 17:16:27 UTC

Communication hang up with new head revision 486551 in svn

Hi, after today modification ( revision : 486551)  of the svn my project
stopped working .  ( some communication just go one way and then hang up
while trying to reply )

After some investigation its seems that the object serialization codec was
modified, I suspect that there is some problem at this level . I currently
use the object serialization codec for fast development of my protocol.
Before implementing my custom binary codec

I switched back to revision : 482473 and no communication hang up appeared
and everything went smoothly .

When I have more time I will try to pinpoint exactly where.

I provide as attachment 4 class that represent the typical scenario where
the problem occur:

With revision  482473 :

*	Server open acceptor and register all class with DemuxingIoHandler
, add the  serialization filter
*	Server bind acceptor to port 2000;
*	Client open connector  add class  with DemuxingIoHandler and add the
serialization filter
*	Client bind connector to server acceptor
*	Client send challenge object
*	Server receive challenge object and print : "challenge received"
*	Server reply back with response object
*	Client receive response object and print :"wop wop response
received"
*	End   \o/

With revision  486551:

*	Server open acceptor and register all class with DemuxingIoHandler ,
add the  serialization filter
*	Server bind acceptor to port 2000;
*	Client open connector  add class  with DemuxingIoHandler and add the
serialization filter
*	Client bind connector to server acceptor
*	Client send challenge object
*	Server receive challenge object and print : "challenge received"
*	Server try to reply back but everything hang up here .

Benoit Hudzia
Parallel Computing Research Group
School of Computer Science & Informatics
University College Dublin
Ireland

Tel: +353 1 716 2403
Fax: +353 1 269 7262
E-mail: benoit [dot] hudzia [at] ucd [dot] ie

Re: Communication hang up with new head revision 486551 in svn

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 12/15/06, Benoit Hudzia <be...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use directly the trunk not a branch. And normally the classes I provided
> should permit you to do the test easily.

This mailing list discards your attachments.  Please e-mail it to me
directly.

Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

Re: Communication hang up with new head revision 486551 in svn

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 12/15/06, Benoit Hudzia <be...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use directly the trunk not a branch. And normally the classes I provided
> should permit you to do the test easily.

The cause of the problem was not an object serialization codec / streams.
We removed ThreadModel from trunk, so your code will run in a single thread
mode, which causes WriteFuture.join() locks deadly.  Please try to add a
ExecutorFilter in your filter chain.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

RE: Communication hang up with new head revision 486551 in svn

Could you give us essential part of your application so we can test it out
of the box?

Trustin

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Benoit,