Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Dave Dykstra <dw...@bell-labs.com> on 1998/09/23 19:07:59 UTC

mod_status/3055: Code for determining ticks per second can be more portable

>Number:         3055
>Category:       mod_status
>Synopsis:       Code for determining ticks per second can be more portable
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The code for determining ticks per second doesn't work on a system that
doesn't support sysconf().  There was also specific code for the NEXT
operating system that used HZ; I recommend always defaulting to that if
_SC_CLK_TCK is not defined (assuming it is not defined on NEXT).

It turns out that I couldn't fully test this on UTS 2.1 where I had the
problem, because of a compiler bug that causes it to fail at the assembly
stage.  I ended up disabling it with --disable-module=status.  A very similar
problem had already had me disabling the include module on this operating
system.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
*** modules/standard/mod_status.c       Wed Sep 23 11:40:52 1998
--- modules/standard/mod_status.c.O     Wed Sep 23 11:39:42 1998
***************
*** 240,251 ****
      unsigned long bcount = 0;
      unsigned long kbcount = 0;
      long req_time;
! #ifndef NO_TIMES
! #ifdef _SC_CLK_TCK
!     float tick = sysconf(_SC_CLK_TCK);
! #else
      float tick = HZ;
! #endif
  #endif