Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Paolo De Marco <pa...@realcomm.it> on 2007/10/11 17:07:51 UTC

DOS_OE_TO_MX

Hi,
I can't understand the test DOS_OE_TO_MX.
Can anyone tell me what this test does?
Thanks

--
Paolo De Marco
Real Comm srl

Re: DOS_OE_TO_MX

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Paolo De Marco wrote:
> Hi,
> I can't understand the test DOS_OE_TO_MX.
> Can anyone tell me what this test does?
> Thanks
>
>From reading the rule "code", it appears to detect if a message claiming
to be generated by Outlook Express was delivered directly to your
network by an outside host.

ie: there's only one host that doesn't match internal_networks
(__DOS_SINGLE_EXT_RELAY)  and the X-Mailer header says "Outlook Express"
(__OE_MUA).

There's some logic in there to avoid matching mailing lists.. but that's
the general gist..

Re: DOS_OE_TO_MX

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

On 11.10.07 14:07, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
> My rule:  Outlook Express  Sent mail directly to  Your MX
>
> DOS_      OE_              TO_                    MX

which means, Outlook Express should not deliver mail directly to recipient's
servers, so it's probably fake. Or, it's possible that it's your client
sending from non-trusted host. Ask him to use SMTP authentication.

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.

Re: DOS_OE_TO_MX

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Paolo De Marco wrote:
> Hi,
> I can't understand the test DOS_OE_TO_MX.
> Can anyone tell me what this test does?

My rule:  Outlook Express  Sent mail directly to  Your MX

DOS_      OE_              TO_                    MX

Daryl