Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/01 17:33:08 UTC

Speeding-up unit test : a solution

Hi guys,

today, Kiran tht it was easy to change the backend to use at runtime :
there is a factory that can be configured for that. You just have to add :

-Dapacheds.partition.factory=org.apache.directory.server.core.factory.AvlPartitionFactory

to run the server with a AVL backend instad of JDBM.

Kiran and I ran the core-integ tests with such a config, and it was
almost successful, with 4 failing tests. On server-integ, there are only
3 errors. The performances are 3 times faster on my laptop.

The failing tests are due to the server restart in each test.

We could decide to isolate those tests and to use specifically JDBM for
them.

That would forth some try...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny