Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by R J <kl...@hotmail.com> on 2002/01/29 23:44:32 UTC

Apache server won''t accept connections from remote computers...

I've successfully installed apache 2 to run on my freeBSD4.4 machine, and
when I connect from that same computer the requested web pages come up fine.
  But when I try to connect from any remote computer it acts as though the
server doesn't exist and I get no response.
I did a default installation and just modified the config file a bit; I'm
not running a firewall; and I can only connect locally.

I've gone through the config files dozens of times in the hopes that I
somehow missed something, and read through the documentation and tutorials
but to no avail.
Can anyone give me a hint as to what could be the problem?

Thanks.

Ryan