Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/28 06:39:47 UTC

[DISCUSS] - LTS and non-LTS releases coming to Apache Camel 3.x

Hi

We have released Camel 3.0 and 3.1 yesterday. As Camel v3 is a major
new foundation with all the effort that went into it, then we want to
take the new few releases to continue as there are things we need to
work on.

Therefore we want to have a more aggressive release schedule and
release more frequent releases but they are not LTS releases (long
term support). Therefore these releases likely only have 1 patch
releases, eg 3.0.1, or none at all.

When we hit Camel 3.3 then its expected to be a LTS release and have
patch releases for a longer period of time.

And in fact this model is maybe something we want to continue
thereafter and be able to mark releases as LTS and non LTS. Eg just
like the JDK etc.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [DISCUSS] - LTS and non-LTS releases coming to Apache Camel 3.x

Posted by Luca Burgazzoli <lb...@gmail.com>.
This makes lot of sense to me in particular because we have now a number of
sub-projects that depends on camel so we don't want them to be left behind

---
Luca Burgazzoli

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Cameleers,
I've created CAMEL-14681[1] for the website changes relating to
LTS/non-LTS releases, please join the discussion there.

zoran

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-14681

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: [DISCUSS] - LTS and non-LTS releases coming to Apache Camel 3.x

Posted by Tadayoshi Sato <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi