Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Sonali Jadhav <so...@servercentralen.se> on 2015/06/03 07:10:02 UTC

Docker in ACS 4.4.2

Hi,

I am running acs 4.4.2. one of my client has requirement for docker container solution. I saw few previous posts, it's exciting to hear that work is going on for cloudstack driver for docker. (so in ACS docker can be treated as hypervisor , that's what I understood, correct me if I am wrong). But i think that would take some time for release.

So in current situation,  if I want docker containers, then one way would be , installing CoreOS template, and get containers working inside that instance. Am i getting it right?

I have downloaded coreos template from http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/coreos/x86_64/ , but how I do get login to the instance?

/Sonali

RE: Docker in ACS 4.4.2

Posted by Sonali Jadhav <so...@servercentralen.se>.
Thanks, I fixed login with autologin parameter at boot :)

Though I get this warning after I ssh,

CoreOS stable (647.2.0)
Failed Units: 1
  cloudstack-ssh-key.service

/Sonali

> I am running acs 4.4.2. one of my client has requirement for docker
> container solution. I saw few previous posts, it's exciting to hear
> that work is going on for cloudstack driver for docker. (so in ACS
> docker can be treated as hypervisor , that's what I understood,
> correct me if I am wrong). But i think that would take some time for release.
>
> So in current situation,  if I want docker containers, then one way
> would be , installing CoreOS template, and get containers working
> inside that instance. Am i getting it right?
>
> I have downloaded coreos template from
> http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/coreos/x86_64/ , but how I do get login
> to the instance?

If I'm not mistaken, they have cloud-init installed. Make sure you have uploaded or created a ssh keypair in cloudstack, and specify that when you launch the instance.

--
Erik

Re: Docker in ACS 4.4.2

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.