Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Borchert <mi...@mbsoftwareconsulting.com> on 2007/10/12 06:52:12 UTC

[Trinidad] Pure HTML Component

Hi,

I have the problem, that I have a web service call that renders pure
HTML an gives the page back as HTML. How can I open a dialog, that
contains pure HTML. I tried outputDocument but this interprets the HTML
code. I want to avoid writing a temporary file. The other solution is to
provide a Servlet. But isn't there the chance in Faces?

I'm using Trinidad 1.2.2 MyFaces 1.2 and Facelets 1.1.11 on Tomcat6.

In short, how do I open a dialog with the content of a string in the
backing bean as rendered HTML.

Many thanks,
Michael

Re: [Trinidad] Pure HTML Component

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello Michael,

You could try outputText with escape set to false. However, you must really
trust the web service to provide correctly formed HTML as this might
introduce a security issue if it isn't the case. Another way would be to
create a very simple component that directly call write(value) on the
ResponseWriter.

Regards,

~ Simon