Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net> on 2007/12/01 01:29:16 UTC

Re: Acessing a WS with CXF by using a DynamicClient...

Am Donnerstag, den 29.11.2007, 14:46 -0800 schrieb Alexandre Gazola:
> Hello guys,
>
> I´m starting to develop with webservices... I would like to start with
> a simple call to a WS, given that I have the WSDL url. To relieve me
> from generating service interfaces, I´m trying to use a DynamicClient
> (as shown in  http://xfire.codehaus.org/Dynamic+Client ).

Really?  If you already have the WSDL, code generation is *much* easier
(and more accurate) than Dynamic Clients IMO.  Here are Ant[1] and
Maven[2] based options for you.

HTH,
Glen

[1] http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/date/20070929
[2] http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/date/20071129

Re: Acessing a WS with CXF by using a DynamicClient...

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.
Well, looking at the Dynamic Client you would appear to be losing your
compile-time checks at the least.  But it was the premise for which he
was trying to use DynamicClient to begin with ("To relieve me from
generating service interfaces") that I was questioning.  I got the
impression that the user had not much experience with wsdl2java, and as
a result, was overestimating the tool's difficulty.

Glen

Posted by tog <gu...@gmail.com>.

--

Best Regards