Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by kkk kkkk <sp...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/04 19:22:56 UTC

[users@httpd] How to upload files using vbnet?

Hello, I set up my apache server in some computer and I am writing a VBNET
code to retrieve and upload data. So far I already managed to download a
file from the server but I cannot make the upload to work and the
information I read in google says that it can only be done with an ftp
server such as vsftpd.

So is there any way to upload files to apache? Do i need to install
something else or is just a matter of permissions? If that is so then which
configuration file to I need to modify?

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] How to upload files using vbnet?

Posted by Morgan Gangwere <0....@gmail.com>.
On 4/4/2010 11:22 AM, kkk kkkk wrote:
> Hello, I set up my apache server in some computer and I am writing a
> VBNET code to retrieve and upload data. So far I already managed to
> download a file from the server but I cannot make the upload to work and
> the information I read in google says that it can only be done with an
> ftp server such as vsftpd.

VB.NET Applications need to be run either via mod_mono, the mono-ASP
server or Micorosft's ASP.Net engine. There are hacks you can use to
make mod_mono play nice, but you're going to run into the virtualization
that .NET implies upon web applications.

> So is there any way to upload files to apache? Do i need to install
> something else or is just a matter of permissions? If that is so then
> which configuration file to I need to modify?

FWIW, PHP can push files around. Past that, I'm not an expert, but I'm
sure someone here has more knowledge on this subject.

--

Morgan Gangwere