Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Robinson, Eric" <er...@psmnv.com> on 2009/03/04 12:28:22 UTC

Best Free or Inexpensive Tomcat Log Analyzer

Does anyone have suggestions on the best free or inexpensive tomcat log
analyzer? I'm specifically looking for a tool that can help me spot
performance problems such as requests that take a long time, errors,
timeouts, and so on. If the tool can centrally monitor multiple servers,
all the better!

--Eric

Disclaimer - March 4, 2009
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for Tomcat Users List. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of . Warning: Although  has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.

Re: Best Free or Inexpensive Tomcat Log Analyzer

Posted by Kees Jan Koster <kj...@gmail.com>.
Dear Eric,

> Does anyone have suggestions on the best free or inexpensive tomcat
> log
> analyzer? I'm specifically looking for a tool that can help me spot
> performance problems such as requests that take a long time, errors,
> timeouts, and so on. If the tool can centrally monitor multiple
> servers,
> all the better!

Here is a short description on enabling response time loggen. You can
then write a little script to load the response times into a graphing
tool. If you just want to trap slow requests, set a threshold of (say)
1 second when parsing the data. http://java-monitor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
kjkoster@kjkoster.org
06-51838192

Rule 1 for being in a hole: stop digging.