Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Adrian Turcu <Ad...@InterXion.com> on 2002/02/12 15:26:36 UTC

Apache 1.3.22 and SunOS2.6

Hello all,

I have a strange problem with Apache on SunOS2.6
I downloaded the archive of Apache 1.3.22 and I tried to installed under my SunOS box using the following directives:

#!/bin/sh

SSL_BASE="../openssl-0.9.6b"
EAPI_MM="../mm-1.1.3"
export SSL_BASE EAPI_MM

./configure \
        --prefix=/export/home/adriant/temp/apache \
        --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE \
        --enable-shared=max \
        --enable-module=ssl \
        --enable-module=so \
        --enable-module=auth_anon \
        --enable-module=cern_meta \
        --enable-module=digest \
        --enable-module=expires \
        --enable-module=headers \
        --enable-module=info \
        --enable-module=log_agent \
        --enable-module=log_referer \
        --enable-module=mime_magic \
        --enable-module=mmap_static \
        --enable-module=proxy \
        --enable-module=rewrite \
        --enable-module=unique_id \
        --enable-module=usertrack \
        --enable-module=vhost_alias \
        --server-uid=nobody --server-gid=nobody

I have OpenSSL, MM, ModSSL configured and compiled for this.

The compilation works perfect, but when I try to start the httpd daemon with "apachectl start" I got this strange message:

Segmentation Fault
Apachectl start: httpd server could not be started

I'm using gcc/2.95.3 for sparc-sun-solaris2.6, make/3.79.1, binutils/2.11.2, bison/1.28, flex/2.54a, m4/1.4

I wonder what I miss on this.
I did Apache installations under Linux with absolutely no problem, but this SunOS2.6 on UltraSPARC is killing me.

TIA,
Adi

Re: Apache 1.3.22 and SunOS2.6

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
> Adrian Turcu wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I have a strange problem with Apache on SunOS2.6
>
> I downloaded the archive of Apache 1.3.22 and I tried to installed
> under my SunOS box using the following directives:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> SSL_BASE="../openssl-0.9.6b"
>
> EAPI_MM="../mm-1.1.3"
>
> export SSL_BASE EAPI_MM
>
> ./configure \
>
>         --prefix=/export/home/adriant/temp/apache \
>
>         --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE \
>
>         --enable-shared=max \
>
>         --enable-module=ssl \
>
>         --enable-module=so \
>
>         --enable-module=auth_anon \
>
>         --enable-module=cern_meta \
>
>         --enable-module=digest \
>
>         --enable-module=expires \
>
>         --enable-module=headers \
>
>         --enable-module=info \
>
>         --enable-module=log_agent \
>
>         --enable-module=log_referer \
>
>         --enable-module=mime_magic \
>
>         --enable-module=mmap_static \
>
>         --enable-module=proxy \
>
>         --enable-module=rewrite \
>
>         --enable-module=unique_id \
>
>         --enable-module=usertrack \
>
>         --enable-module=vhost_alias \
>
>         --server-uid=nobody --server-gid=nobody
>
> I have OpenSSL, MM, ModSSL configured and compiled for this.
>
> The compilation works perfect, but when I try to start the httpd
> daemon with "apachectl start" I got this strange message:
>
> Segmentation Fault

That can't be good... At a guess, I'd say you're mixing in a library
compiled on another machine. Are you sure you unpacked and recompiled
mm, openssl, mod_ssl and apache all on the machine you're trying to run
it on?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.