Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marcus Leon <Ma...@baltimore.com> on 2002/07/31 00:51:29 UTC

Problems building C++ modules for Apache 2.0

Hello, we modified our apxs to build C++ modules but we get an error when we
start Apache.  The peculiar thing is that this file builds and runs fine
when you give it a .c extension.  It's only the c++ file that causes
troubles.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

The error is:
Syntax error on line 232 of /home/mleon/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't locate API module structure `enforcer_module' in file
/home/mleon/apache2/modules/mod_enforcer.so:
/home/mleon/apache2/lib/libapr.so.0: undefined symbol: enforcer_module

Thanks

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or
there are any problems please notify the originator immediately.  The
unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden. Baltimore Technologies plc will not be liable for
direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration of the
contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being
passed on.

This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept for Content Security threats, including
computer viruses.

http://www.baltimore.com

computer viruses.

Re: Problems building C++ modules for Apache 2.0

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.
my first thought is that by changing the extension, you affect how the
compiler treats the file. the file is either a C module or a C++ module
depending on its extension. if this is the case (it may or may not be,
depending on your compiler), you've probably affected the linkage, and
this symbol isn't linked properly. is this symbol surrounded by #ifdef
_CPP or 'extern' linkage specificiers?

what platform/ compiler/ etc..

cheers,
andy

Marcus Leon wrote:

> Hello, we modified our apxs to build C++ modules but we get an error when we
> start Apache.  The peculiar thing is that this file builds and runs fine
> when you give it a .c extension.  It's only the c++ file that causes
> troubles.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> The error is:
> Syntax error on line 232 of /home/mleon/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> Can't locate API module structure `enforcer_module' in file
> /home/mleon/apache2/modules/mod_enforcer.so:
> /home/mleon/apache2/lib/libapr.so.0: undefined symbol: enforcer_module
>
> Thanks

> The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
> for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or
> there are any problems please notify the originator immediately.  The
> unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
> strictly forbidden. Baltimore Technologies plc will not be liable for
> direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration of the
> contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being
> passed on.
>
> This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept for Content Security threats, including
> computer viruses.
>
> http://www.baltimore.com
>

> This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept by
> Baltimore MIMEsweeper for Content Security threats, including
> computer viruses.

"all you have is this actual nowness"
--
Borland -- Enabling a new digital world where our customers have the
freedom of choice to develop, deploy, and integrate applications across

confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you
are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail,
and any
attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in
error,
please immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of
any e-mail
and any printout thereof.