Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Sonja Löhr <so...@arcor.de> on 2006/10/08 11:04:23 UTC

MenuModel issues

Hi, all!

My first post - on my third day to trinidad.
I already read that I'm not the only one not understanding the MenuModel
stuff ...
My <tr:page> opens a submenu when I click a parent menu element, but if I'm
going further down in the hierarchy, all submenus vanish again?
Did someone understand what to do whith that "aliaslist" from the
example-faces-config?

And: Why is the "global menu" the root of the model hierarchy? Is there any
possibility to "start" the hierarcy in, say, the navigation1-facet? There
are some links I would like to have as "globalMenu", but these are no
starting points for navigating the hierarchy but merely things like
"logout", "help", ....

VERY confusing ....

Thanks for any hints, suggestions or samples!

sonja

Re: MenuModel issues

Posted by Steve Vangasse <st...@boardshop.co.uk>.
Hi Sonja,
I tried using <tr:page> at first but experinced the same problems with the
root of my menu model appearing above the tabs (where navigationGlobal is
rendered in <tr:panelPage>). I added another layer in my menu model and
called it "home" that was the root of my tab layer. This then added a "home"
link above the tabs and put the tabs in their correct place. I eventually
opted for the <tr:panelPage> setup with the whole menumodel rendered inside
the navigation3 facet as a navigationTree as this setup offered more
flexibility. The functionality for menu models within navigation1  and
navigation2 facets isn't implemented yet but when it is I'll start using it.

The alias list is a really handy feature that lets you map any page you have
to a focus path of your menu model. So when you navigate to a page that
isn't part of your menu model, the menu and submenus still display what you
want them to.

<managed-property>
      <property-name>aliasList</property-name>
      <list-entries>
        <value-class>java.lang.String</value-class>
        <value>/products/categoryForm.jspx</value>
        <value>#{navCategoryList.viewId}</value>
        <value>/salesOrders/orderForm.jspx</value>
        <value>#{navSalesOrderList.viewId}</value>
      </list-entries>
    </managed-property>

I hope this helps.

Steve Vangasse

Boardshop.co.uk - Board Sports Equipment and Clothing for the UK and Europe
www.boardshop.co.uk
0870 0600 688