Posted to dev@crail.apache.org by Jonas Pfefferle <pe...@japf.ch> on 2018/11/13 10:42:51 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Crail-1.1-incubating [rc5]

Hi all,

We prepared a new release to address the issues found in rc4. This is a call
for a vote on releasing Apache Crail 1.1-incubating, release candidate 5.
The following issues has been addressed:

* Add licenses of all dependencies
* Update DiSNI and DaRPC version (they now also contain LICENSE files in
their META-INF)

The source and binary tarball, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/crail/1.1-rc5/

The commit to be voted upon:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-crail.git;a=commit;h=eb8781e9b41b43188d939d3800ef19f8baf05dfe

The Nexus Staging URL:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecrail-1004/

Release artifacts are signed with the key AA557B11:
https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/crail/KEYS

For information about the contents of this release, see:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-crail.git;a=blob_plain;f=HISTORY.md;hb=eb8781e9b41b43188d939d3800ef19f8baf05dfe
or for better readability
https://github.com/apache/incubator-crail/blob/v1.1-rc5/HISTORY.md

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Crail 1.1-incubating

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Crail 1.1-incubating
[ ] +0 no opinion

Jonas

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Crail-1.1-incubating [rc5]

Posted by Patrick Stuedi <ps...@gmail.com>.
+1

- Compiling from source works
- Running from binary works

-Patrick

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release of Apache Crail-1.1-incubating [rc5]

Posted by Jonas Pfefferle <pe...@japf.ch>.
Hi all,

Thanks for voting on RC5. I'm canceling the vote due to issues Bernard
found. I will create a new vote later today.

Jonas

Posted by bernard metzler <bm...@gmx.ch>.
-1

Posted by Animesh Trivedi <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi all -

thanks Jonas for preparing the release. +1 from my side.

I checked
- checked checksum for the source and binary tar.gz - OK
- checked signature for the source and binary tar.gz - OK
- checked DISCLAIMER, NOTICE, and LICENSE files (with additional licenses)
in the source and binary tar.gz - OK
- build from the source release - OK
- compared git source tag with the source tar.gz - OK

Cheers,
--
Animesh