Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Watzek <mw...@spree.de> on 2005/06/15 19:03:17 UTC

Question about JIRA JDO 54

Hi Craig, Michelle

JIRA JDO-54 requests that "in order to test metadata for interfaces, we
need to complete the Company model interfaces that was begun with
ICompany.java. All company classes should implement a corresponding
interface."

If we want the getter/setter methods to return/take interface types,
then we would also have to use interface types for the types of fields,
e.g.

public class Company
     implements Serializable, Comparable, DeepEquality, ICompany {
     private IAddress     address;
     public IAddress getAddress() {
         return address;
     }
     public void setAddress(IAddress address) {
         this.address = address;
     }
}

In this case the metadata of JDO and ORM would also have to be adapted,
right?

Regards,
Michael

Re: Question about JIRA JDO 54

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
Hi, Michael,

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think it is necessary to change
the classes, other than to make them implement an interface.  They don't
need to take or return the interface types. The Address getter in
ICompany.java returns Address, for example.

-- Michelle