Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ko...@chalu.cz on 2009/02/18 14:20:45 UTC

Struts2.1 and ajax

  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }Hi,
 I found a lot of articles which describes how to use ajax in
Struts2.0 using DOJO / JSON
 But in Struts 2.1 I found that DOJO is deprecated and replaced by
Java Web Part - but I did not found any tutorial. In JWP pages I
found something about using in classic servlets, but nothing about
using in Struts framework.
 Can anybody send me some link?
 Thanks
 Jiri

Re: Struts2.1 and ajax

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2009/2/18 Jiří Chaloupka <ko...@chalu.cz>:
> If it is deprecated, is there any other recomended library for AJAX?

What ever you can use, jQuery for instance.

Regards
--
Lukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Struts2.1 and ajax

Posted by Jiří Chaloupka <ko...@chalu.cz>.
If it is deprecated, is there any other recomended library for AJAX?
Jirka

Re: Struts2.1 and ajax

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Struts2.1 and ajax

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
Just wanted to clarify, as the creator of APT (AjaxParts Taglib, what
both of you are referring to), that APT has not replaced Dojo or
anything else in S2... at least, if it has, it's news to me :)

That being said, it's true that you can use APT with S2, or virtually
any other JSP-based framework.  APT doesn't say anything about what
server technology is used, other than JSP since its a taglib... be it
Struts, plain servlets or whatever else you like, so long as you have
URLs that serve content, APT can work with it.  There's lots of ways to
do Ajax, APT is just one of them that you might consider.

Here's an introductory article that, while not dealing with Struts
specifically, would still generally be applicable:

http://www.omnytex.com/articles/apt/

hth,
Frank

--