Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by ne...@post.cz on 2019/04/08 10:59:47 UTC

Netbeans 11 vs Gradle

Dear Dev,

In context:

Netbeans 11

Gradle 5

Java 11

Issues:

- license headers does not works for gradle multi-project as only what works
is if it is modified default license template otherwise not. Even I do not
get a point why such pointer of license header is incorporated to gradle.
properties as secu IDE setting has no connection to exact building. In any
case seems it does not works any of such way "netbeans.license" or by IDE
"nb-config.license".

- gradle module (plugin) has problem to resolve dependencies in multi
project as seems I can removed reds only if I go over each one subproject
and do clean and build (clean and build on root has no affects) and
additionally it seems that for some test resources even this was not enough,
but it seems that works old trick so creation folder and adding some new
class (possible even delete) and possibly with including "refresh" from
Action items window.

- in configuration even missing option to select Java Platform to use for
Gradle building

Re: Netbeans 11 vs Gradle

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Well,

the license headers issue is known as:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2288

- I've tested the mentioned workarounds an those are working for me even
in multi-module projects. So just place a netbeans.license or license
property in the root project gradle.properties

The reason to put properties like that in the gradle.properties is that
this way the setting is easy to share among project members, sub-modules
etc. while does not add almost any burden to the Gradle itself.

- As of multi project dependency resolution. I saw that issue a few
times, unfortunately I was never able to reproduce it stable enough to
be able to fix it, so more data are needed. If you could provide a
minimal sample project and/or reproducible tests, than it would be
really appreciated.

- Where do you miss the Java Platform Configuration? Right now it is
Located under the Project Properties > Build > Compile tab.

Thank you for your reports, also if it is possible, use JIRA directly!

FYI: I'm planning to have a patch release of the Gradle modules later
this month or early May latest.

Re: Netbeans 11 vs Gradle

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Also would welcome a JIRA issue with possible screenshots before and
after, reporducible steps etc.

Right now as I checked UTF-8 characters are displayed as expected and
can be used as identifiers as well, though I've tested only with some
extra characters from the Hungarian alphabet which is an extension of Latin.

On 4/8/19 6:54 AM, netbeans@post.cz wrote:
> Dear Dev,
>

> There is additional issue (or not reported new feature on Netbeans 11) as
> seems that Netbeans "Editor" stop understand UTF-8
>
> so presents all characters instead of showing just exact Unicode character
> of that
>
> codepoint. I have tried to run IDE with -J-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8, but this
> seems
> no affect on "Editor".
>

> ---------- Původní e-mail ----------
> Od: netbeans@post.cz
> Komu: dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
> Datum: 8. 4. 2019 12:59:47
> Předmět: Netbeans 11 vs Gradle
> "
> Dear Dev,
>

> In context:
>
> Netbeans 11
>
> Gradle 5
>
> Java 11
>

> Issues:
>
> - license headers does not works for gradle multi-project as only what works
> is if it is modified default license template otherwise not. Even I do not
> get a point why such pointer of license header is incorporated to gradle.
> properties as secu IDE setting has no connection to exact building. In any
> case seems it does not works any of such way "netbeans.license" or by IDE
> "nb-config.license".
>
> - gradle module (plugin) has problem to resolve dependencies in multi
> project as seems I can removed reds only if I go over each one subproject
> and do clean and build (clean and build on root has no affects) and
> additionally it seems that for some test resources even this was not enough,
> but it seems that works old trick so creation folder and adding some new
> class (possible even delete) and possibly with including "refresh" from
> Action items window.
>
> - in configuration even missing option to select Java Platform to use for
> Gradle building
>

> "

Re: Netbeans 11 vs Gradle

Posted by ne...@post.cz.