Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Mathijs Brand <m....@onehippo.com> on 2011/03/16 17:24:37 UTC

Introducing myself

Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to introduce myself. I am Mathijs Brand,
responsible for the Hippo Boston office. I am not a developer, but a
strong Apache Software supporter, and especially like the Rave project
very much!

I'm wondering if anybody is interested in meeting up now and then for
a hackaton or just for a beer. I could certainly help out organizing.
Maybe for starters, is anyone going to the Gartner Portals Summit in
LA end of March?

Kind regards,
Mathijs Brand

Re: Introducing myself

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 16/03/2011 16:24, Mathijs Brand wrote:
> First of all I would like to introduce myself. I am Mathijs Brand,

Hey Mathijs - great to meet you.

> I'm wondering if anybody is interested in meeting up now and then for
> a hackaton or just for a beer. I could certainly help out organizing.
> Maybe for starters, is anyone going to the Gartner Portals Summit in
> LA end of March?

I'm UK based so I'm not likely to be there very often - but if I'm in
town...

There are already a few ASF folk who get together in Boston once a month
or so. I suggest you sync with them, the more the merrier. We have a
list for organising informal get togethers (party@apache.org)

The Conference Committee and Travel Assistance Committee will also
provide support for people wanting to put together project meetups that
meet certain requirements (essentially they must inclusive and have an
outreach remit).

Of course, there's nothing stopping you meeting up with just Rave folk,
but bear in mind that this will exclude significant numbers in the
community and as such can have negative effects on the community as a
whole. This doesn't mean you can't do it, in fact you should, but bear
in mind some of us will be jealous ;-)

Ross