Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Y Chan <te...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/08 10:42:04 UTC

concerning footnotes when using openoffice writer

When using openoffice writer to write thesis, I find the footnotes often
disrupted when converted into doc. Say, the lines are shifted and there are
redundant numbering bullets. It is hard to avoid converting into doc.
because I don't have a printer, and all the computers at school dont have
openoffice.

Looking forward to improvements :)

Cheers,
Yuk

Re: concerning footnotes when using openoffice writer

Posted by Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

2013/6/8 Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

> On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 16:42:04 +0800
> Y Chan <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > When using openoffice writer to write thesis, I find the footnotes often
> > disrupted when converted into doc. Say, the lines are shifted and there
> are
> > redundant numbering bullets. It is hard to avoid converting into doc.
> > because I don't have a printer, and all the computers at school dont have
> > openoffice.
> >
> > Looking forward to improvements :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Yuk
>
> There is no immediate fix for this.  It is best to use the defined styles
> for footnotes, the styles modified if necessary to suit your need, rather
> than to individually (directly) format each footnote to suit your
> requirements.
>
> You can use a portable version of OpenOffice which will run off a USB key.
>  I'm sorry, I haven't an up-to-date link for this version.

http://www.winpenpack.com/en/download.php?view.1341

A+
--
gw

Re: concerning footnotes when using openoffice writer

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

On 08.06.2013 12:48, Armin Le Grand wrote:
> Hi Y Chan,
>
> you may export as PDF and print from PDF viewer

That is also my suggested workaround.

If possible, please submit an issue in Bugzilla and provide a sample
document which shows the described 'footnote disruption' when converting
to the Microsoft Word file format. Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Oliver.

Posted by Armin Le Grand <ar...@me.com>.
Hi Y Chan,