Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Voytenko, Dimitry" <DV...@SECTORBASE.COM> on 2000/11/17 01:47:32 UTC

Encoding one more time

Hi,

Sorry for reposting this theme. Once we already discussed problem about
encoding. It's when xml documents with different encodings can be processed
by one xslt stylesheet (in this case most probably output encoding will be
the same as in the input xml document). To afford this inside of XSLT
xsl:output should have variable encoding attribute that is against existing
specification. But it's still possible to change this value in API (in Xalan
J1 - OutputFormat class). But it was impossible to obtain input encoding
from Xerces, at least I didn't find it.
I don't remember we came to common solution. Now I came across this problem
again. Did anyone avoid this problem? Any advises or suggestions are
appreceated.

Thank you
Dmitry E. Voytenko