Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Adam <ad...@softfab.com> on 2006/03/10 14:55:24 UTC

Treewalker

Dear all,

I have a tree2 tied to an (XML) dom.

Another servlet/XSLT provides me a link/post which gives me an XPath
statement as a string.

Using this I can happily find the relevant node in the dom. The
requirement is to be able to open/expand the tree to that point.

I have looked at the treewalker interface & the treewalkerbase
implementation & have a couple of questions:

A) Will it be in myfaces 1.1.2? If so when is 1.1.2 due for release?

B) Each node in the xml document has a GUID attribute which is used as a
locator. I set that to be the id/identifier for the treeNode.

As such what I want to be able to do is to feed this guid string into a
treewalker as an argument such that it walks without expanding to the
actual treenode & then I can get that node's path information & use that
to expand the tree.

Any ideas?

Basically how do I say "keep walking till the Node.identifier =
GUIDString & then return me that node so I can interrogate it"?

TIA

Adam