Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by jeremy hunsinger <jh...@vt.edu> on 2001/02/06 20:37:36 UTC

general/7208: server refuses to open some directories but will open others with exact same settings

>Number:         7208
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       server refuses to open some directories but will open others with exact same settings
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
SunOS florismart 5.8 Generic_108528-04 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-80
gcc 2.96

Server version: Apache/1.3.17 (Unix)
Server built:   Feb  6 2001 14:14:37
Server's Module Magic Number: 19990320:10
Server compiled with....
 -D HAVE_MMAP
 -D USE_MMAP_SCOREBOARD
 -D USE_MMAP_FILES
 -D USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/www"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/www/bin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/httpd.scoreboard"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/httpd.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_XFERLOG="logs/access_log"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"
 -D ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE="conf/access.conf"
 -D RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE="conf/srm.conf"
./httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_vhost_alias.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_speling.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_rewrite.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_expires.c
  mod_headers.c
  mod_usertrack.c
  mod_example.c
  mod_unique_id.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_php4.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /www/bin/suexec
server refuses to open some directories but will open others with exact same settings
error log shows:

[Tue Feb  6 14:20:04 2001] [notice] child pid 564 exit signal Bus Error (10)

this is primarily related to indexing project gutenberg, http://florismart.cddc.vt.edu/gutenberg
my indexer udmsearch reports the etext directories as returning bad httpd headers, and when i attempt to view
them by browsing it returns error 10 above...
http://florismart.cddc.vt.edu/gutenberg/etext97 works all other etext directories fail http://florismart.cddc.vt.edu/gutenberg
>Fix:
is this a 32/64 bit problem?
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]