Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Damien Joldersma <da...@vykor.com> on 2001/03/15 00:58:14 UTC

Unable to open taglibrary /WEB-INF/tlds/struts-bean.tld : null

Hello,

We just started writing an application with tomcat and struts.  Our
developers are developing on both windows and linux. We're running into a
problem on the windows side of things with the taglibrary jazz.

The problem is namely that tomcat is upset and is throwing an exception when
we make a call to loading the taglib:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tlds/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>

This line throws the following exception:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException: <path snipped>/globals.jsp(5,0)
Unable to open taglibrary /WEB-INF/tlds/struts-bean.tld : null
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEve
ntListener.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingList
ener.java:116)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java, Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1042)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1038)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java, Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.doLoadJSP(JspServlet.java:462)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader12.loadJSP(JasperLoader12.java:146)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:433)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java:152)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:164)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:318)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
	at
7)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
	at
onnectionHandler.java:210)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java,
Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

We are using tomcat 3.2 and Struts 1.0.

The same code and war file work fine under linux.

It looks like there is some problem with the windows configuration.  I've
gone over the web.xml and have been unable to locate any problems
(obviously!).  Here is the relavent bit from web.xml

<web-app>
servlet
servelt-mapping
welcome-file-list

 <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/tlds/struts-bean.tld</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tlds/struts-bean.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>
</web-app>

If I move the file out of the way, the error changes properly to one where
the system cannot find the file specified, so I know it's finding the file.
I thought it may have been like a case where newline/carrage return
corruption and replaced it with a fresh tld from the struts zip file
distribution, no luck.

Does anyone know where the error is being thrown? Where can I track down
what error is supposed to being thrown? Has anyone run into a null error
while trying to open a taglib?

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Damien Joldersma

Re: Unable to open taglibrary /WEB-INF/tlds/struts-bean.tld : null

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.
We are using javacvs for Unix. It is GUI similar Wincvs, you can select "binary file"
option.