Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Jing Dong <ji...@qubitdigital.com> on 2014/12/12 13:26:35 UTC

Spark CDH5 packages

Hi,

    I'm new to this list, so please excuse if I'm asking simple questions.

   We are experimenting spark deployment on existing CDH clusters.
However the spark package come with CDH are very out of date (v1.0.0).

    Has anyone had experience with custom Spark upgrade for CDH5? Any
installation or packaging recommendation would be appreciate.

    The download page and documentation site only mention about CDH4
pre build package.

Thanks
Jing

Re: Spark CDH5 packages

Posted by Jing Dong <ji...@qubitdigital.com>.
Hi Sowen,

Thanks for the tip. When will CDH 5.3 be released? Some sort of
timeline would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jing

Re: Spark CDH5 packages