Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ondrej Svetlik <on...@svetlik.info> on 2006/05/27 21:03:15 UTC

inputHtml (kupu) doesn't work

Hello all,

I have spent a few hours searching for a solution, but with no success.
I'm trying to use inputHtml tag, but it doesn't work.

It ends with this exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.inputHtml.InputHtmlRenderer.encodeEndNormalMode(InputHtmlRenderer.java:235)
at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.inputHtml.InputHtmlRenderer.encodeEnd(InputHtmlRenderer.java:87)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:536)
... and so on

I tried to install myfaces-1.1.1 examples and replaced the myfaces-* and
tomahawk jars with those I use (1.1.4-SNAPSHOT) and it works fine.

I have no idea what to do more. I think I have the filter well
configured, but may be I don't.

<!-- Faces Servlet -->
<servlet>
	<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
	<url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

<filter>
	<filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
	<filter-class>
	org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter
	</filter-class>
	<init-param>
		<param-name>maxFileSize</param-name>
		<param-value>20m</param-value>
		<description>Set the size limit for uploaded files.
			Format: 10 - 10 bytes
			10k - 10 KB
			10m - 10 MB
			1g - 1 GB
		</description>
     	</init-param>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
	<filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
</filter-mapping>

Please, any advice will be appreciated, I'm really desperate.

Best regards

Ondrej Svetlik

Re: inputHtml (kupu) doesn't work

Posted by Ondrej Svetlik <on...@svetlik.info>.
Ondrej Svetlik wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have spent a few hours searching for a solution, but with no success.
> I'm trying to use inputHtml tag, but it doesn't work.
>
> It ends with this exception:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.apache.myfaces.custom.inputHtml.InputHtmlRenderer.encodeEndNormalMode(InputHtmlRenderer.java:235)
>
> at
> org.apache.myfaces.custom.inputHtml.InputHtmlRenderer.encodeEnd(InputHtmlRenderer.java:87)
>
> at
> javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:536)
> ... and so on
>
> I tried to install myfaces-1.1.1 examples and replaced the myfaces-* and
> tomahawk jars with those I use (1.1.4-SNAPSHOT) and it works fine.
>
> I have no idea what to do more. I think I have the filter well
> configured, but may be I don't.
>
> <!-- Faces Servlet -->
> <servlet>
>     <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
>     <servlet-class>javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet</servlet-class>
>     <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
> </servlet>
>
> <servlet-mapping>
>     <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
>     <url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
> </servlet-mapping>
>
> <filter>
>     <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
>     <filter-class>
>     org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter
>     </filter-class>
>     <init-param>
>         <param-name>maxFileSize</param-name>
>         <param-value>20m</param-value>
>         <description>Set the size limit for uploaded files.
>             Format: 10 - 10 bytes
>             10k - 10 KB
>             10m - 10 MB
>             1g - 1 GB
>         </description>
>         </init-param>
> </filter>
>
> <filter-mapping>
>     <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
>     <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
> </filter-mapping>
>
> Please, any advice will be appreciated, I'm really desperate.
>
> Best regards
>
> Ondrej Svetlik

Well... my fault. FYI: do never forget to enclose inputHtml tag into a
form. I found this after analyzing the source code of tomahawk. I'm
going to report this as a bug as the component is able to report this.

Best regards

Ondrej Svetlik