Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by ms...@email.cz on 2012/02/15 11:01:19 UTC

How to remove unreferenced VersionHistory?

  Hello,

in my application when I deleted versionable nodes I forgot to delete also their versions so now I have unused/unreferenced VersionHistory nodes in repository. Is there any way how to delete them? Can I directly delete all nodes with nt:versionHistory type? Or other?

I found https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-134 but if I understand that correctly it is about automatic removal version history when versionable node is removed and all node versions are removed.

Exactly from JCR-134:
The following use cases are supported:
- committed node.remove() followed by multiple versionHistory.removeVersion(..)
the version history is then deleted in the same time as the last version is removed.

Thanks

Marek