Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com> on 2006/11/15 22:55:19 UTC

[VOTE] Remove Arun Yadav from the Xalan PMC

This is a call for votes among the Xalan PMC members.

Section 5.11 of our charter says this:
<<
A PMC member may resign their membership at any time.
However, in the unlikely event that a member of the PMC becomes disruptive
to the process,
such as ceasing to take part in PMC votes,
the PMC member may be removed from the PMC by a vote among the other PMC
members.
The PMC member is removed if 75% or more of the other PMC members approve
the removal,
 with no dissenting votes among the other PMC members.

Arun Yadav is a member of the Xalan PMC (Project Management Committee).
However the last contribution or contact that Arun had with Xalan was in
the first quarter of 2005 when we voted on a new Charter for Xalan.

As far as I know he has not had any contact with Xalan in about 18 months.
In addition he did not vote on the new Xalan 2.7.1 release, nor on the
acceptance of DOM Level 3 code from Xerces. He has not responded to e-mail
that I have sent him to his last known mailing address in the last weeks.

Arun is not helping to manage Xalan and as a PMC member he is impacting the
PMC votes, so I propose that he be removed as a Xalan PMC member, here is
my vote:
+1

- Brian

Re: [VOTE] Remove Arun Yadav from the Xalan PMC

Posted by Ramesh Babu Mandava <Ra...@Sun.COM>.
> On Nov 15, 2006, at 4:55 PM, Brian Minchau wrote:
>
> > Arun is not helping to manage Xalan and as a PMC member he is
> > impacting the
> > PMC votes, so I propose that he be removed as a Xalan PMC member,
>
> > here is
> > my vote:
> > +1
>
>  +1

+1

Regards
-Ramesh

Posted by Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Sa...@Sun.COM>.
On Nov 15, 2006, at 4:55 PM, Brian Minchau wrote:

> Arun is not helping to manage Xalan and as a PMC member he is
> impacting the
> PMC votes, so I propose that he be removed as a Xalan PMC member,
> here is
> my vote:
> +1

  +1

-- Santiago

Re: [VOTE] Remove Arun Yadav from the Xalan PMC

Posted by Christine Li <jy...@ca.ibm.com>.
Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA wrote on 2006-11-15 04:55:19 PM:
> Arun is not helping to manage Xalan and as a PMC member he is impacting
the
> PMC votes, so I propose that he be removed as a Xalan PMC member

+1

Thanks,

Christine Li
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-2601
Email: jycli@ca.ibm.com

Re: [VOTE] Remove Arun Yadav from the Xalan PMC

Posted by Henry Zongaro <zo...@ca.ibm.com>.
Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA wrote on 2006-11-15 04:55:19 PM:
> Arun is not helping to manage Xalan and as a PMC member he is impacting
the
> PMC votes, so I propose that he be removed as a Xalan PMC member

+1

Thanks,

Henry