Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org> on 2006/12/22 23:07:49 UTC

Solr 1.1 released

Solr 1.1 is now available for download!  This is the first official
release since Solr entered the Incubator.

The release is available at
  http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/solr/1.1/
and the detailed changelog is at
  http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/solr/1.1/CHANGES.txt

Thanks to everyone that helped make this happen!

-Yonik

Re: Solr 1.1 released

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 17:07 -0500, Yonik Seeley wrote:
> Solr 1.1 is now available for download!

Very nice. :)

Thanks a lot to this community and especially to Yonik who packed the
release.

salu2

Re: Solr 1.1 released

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 12/22/06, Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Solr 1.1 is now available for download!  This is the first official
> release since Solr entered the Incubator.
>
> The release is available at
>   http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/solr/1.1/
> and the detailed changelog is at
>   http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/solr/1.1/CHANGES.txt
>
> Thanks to everyone that helped make this happen!

Wonderful!  Yonik and Hoss should be commended particularly for the
leadership and hard work in putting together this release.

-Mike

Re: Solr 1.1 released

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Yup, definitely good stuff.  Nice, speedy release process too,
especially compared to other Incubator release approvals.

Yoav

Re: Solr 1.1 released

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
*clink*

Re: Solr 1.1 released

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: Solr Replication and Clustering - Real World Examples

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 12/27/06, Biggy <bi...@web.de> wrote:
> Does anyone know how/if Solr can handle say 30 server with 3 requests/sec ?

We've only gone to 10 replicated search servers at CNET (and that
number turned out to be way overkill).  For most types of requests, a
single server can handle way more than 3 requests per second.  Much
depends on the types of queries you will be throwing at it, and the
size and nature of your corpus.

> The replication strategy i have uses JGroups which is unfortunately is
> unreliable.
> How does Solr replicate data across servers for instance ?

Searchers use rsync to pull index changes from the master.
It takes a little work to set up (ssh config, etc), but the upside is
that it's all fairly transparent.

-Yonik

Solr Replication and Clustering - Real World Examples

Re: Solr 1.1 released

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.