Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Fernando Donati <fe...@donati.com.br> on 2003/11/13 16:58:50 UTC

Tapestry Deployment problems with Tomcat

Hello all,

The problem has finally come to a conclusion, and I would like to share
it with the list, although it's no happy ending.

They have successfully detected the needed permission to run Tapestry
with Tomcat with Security Manager enabled: java.lang.RuntimePermission
defineClassInPackage.java.lang. However, they say they cannot give me
this permission in a shared environment, since it is too dangerous
(according to the RuntimePermission's  doc).

Sadly, I'll have to abandon Tapestry and move to another framework, at
least for this project, which is already long overdue.

Thanks to everybody who helped me pin down the problem.

Fernando

Re: Tapestry Deployment problems with Tomcat

Posted by Fernando Donati <fe...@donati.com.br>.
Wish I could. Not up to me, though. This is set up in a shared
environment on my clients ISP.

Posted by Jeff Emminger <je...@jeffemminger.com>.