Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John Nikolai <jn...@azika.com> on 2001/02/22 01:22:10 UTC

bean:message tag exception

We are getting the following exception when running the struts-example
application:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing resources attribute
org.apache.struts.action.
MESSAGE
         at org.apache.struts.taglib.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:360)
         at /index.jsp._jspService(/index.jsp.java:58) (JSP page line 9)
         at com.orionserver.http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(JAX)
         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.xj(JAX)
         at com.evermind.server.http.JSPServlet.service(JAX)
         at com.evermind.server.http.d3.sw(JAX)
         at com.evermind.server.http.d3.su(JAX)
         at com.evermind.server.http.ef.s1(JAX)
         at com.evermind.server.http.ef.do(JAX)
         at com.evermind.util.f.run(JAX)

Setup:
  - Checked-out latest source from cvs this morning
  - Using Orion server
  - Other struts applications are working ok, including: struts-test and
struts-template.

I added some debug code to ActionServlet to see what is happening. Seems an
PropertyMessageResources object is created but immediately removed with a
call to destroyAction( ) before the example application is ran. Any solutions?

What is the difference between bean:message and struts:message? The taglib
definitions seem to be equivalent. I tried both tags and they both gave the
same error message.

Thanks,
  - John