Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2005/09/30 19:47:05 UTC

localizing javascript messages

Anyone done this before? I have a javascript confirm dialog that pops up
and was wondering what the easiest way to localize the message is.
Haven't done much with tapestry + js yet.

--
Dan Adams
Software Engineer

Re: localizing javascript messages

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Dan Adams <dan <at> ifactory.com> writes:

> Anyone done this before? I have a javascript confirm dialog that pops up
> and was wondering what the easiest way to localize the message is.
> Haven't done much with tapestry + js yet.

First, you should have a component encapsulating this. Then,
see if the message to be passed into the component? If yes,
it is just a normal parameter and the the localized message
should probably be defined in the page's .properties file.
If no, it should go into the component's .properties file.
In either case, finally, the component should pass the
message into the Script component as a symbol.

--
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)