Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/20 22:36:37 UTC

Google Summer of Code Project - Support JOOQ API within gora-sql module

Hi JOOQ Users,

My name is Lewis, I am currently project chair of the Apache Gora project
[0]. Very briefly, Gora is an open source framework which provides an
in-memory data model and persistence for big data. Gora supports persisting
to column stores, key value stores, document stores and (previously)
RDBMSs, and analyzing the data with extensive Apache Hadoop MapReduce
support.

This year, we've flagged an exciting project [1] with the intention of
including it in this years Google Summer of Code (GSoC).
The project will consist of utilizing the JOOQ API to build a gora-sql data
store module enabling Gora users the ability to store data into the wide
variety of supported JOOQ SQL stores.

Unfortunately time is against us and we only have 2 days until student
proposals deadline. I am therefore asking if any students on this list (or
if anyone knows any students who would make a good candidate(s)) would be
interested in putting forward a proposal with the aim of taking on the
project throughout the summer.

The Gora team has participated in GSoC the previous two years with
excellent success and this year we already have two other projects in
addition to the JOOQ project.

Please feel free to contact me personally on lewismc at apache dot org if
you are interested, or on our mailing list at CC'd in this thread or
alternatively just reply here :)

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to get the word out about this
project. I am sure that if this project goes ahead both JOOQ and Gora will
benefit significantly.

Best
Lewis

[0] http://gora.apache.org