Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Anthony Foglia <af...@princeton.com> on 2011/05/16 23:47:00 UTC

qpid-perftest fails to connect

I'm trying to do some performance analysis on the qpid C++ broker
packaged by Fedora 14, but the qpid-perftest tool fails to connect with
the following message:

$ qpid-perftest --username guest --password guest
2011-05-16 17:34:29 warning Closing connection due to internal-error:
Sasl error: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS
failure.  Minor code may provide more information (Credentials cache
file '/tmp/krb5cc_500' not found) (qpid/SaslFactory.cpp:275)

internal-error: Sasl error: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error:
Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
(Credentials cache file '/tmp/krb5cc_500' not found)
(qpid/SaslFactory.cpp:275)

I can connect via the python libraries, using the same username and
password, and with qpid-python-test.  qpid-client-test fails with the
same error as qpid-perftest.

Any ideas what is wrong/misconfigured?

--
Anthony Foglia
Princeton Consultants

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: qpid-perftest fails to connect

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 05/16/2011 10:47 PM, Anthony Foglia wrote:
> I'm trying to do some performance analysis on the qpid C++ broker
> packaged by Fedora 14, but the qpid-perftest tool fails to connect with
> the following message:
>
> $ qpid-perftest --username guest --password guest
> 2011-05-16 17:34:29 warning Closing connection due to internal-error:
> Sasl error: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS
> failure. Minor code may provide more information (Credentials cache file
> '/tmp/krb5cc_500' not found) (qpid/SaslFactory.cpp:275)
>
> internal-error: Sasl error: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error:
> Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information
> (Credentials cache file '/tmp/krb5cc_500' not found)
> (qpid/SaslFactory.cpp:275)
>
> I can connect via the python libraries, using the same username and
> password, and with qpid-python-test. qpid-client-test fails with the
> same error as qpid-perftest.
>
> Any ideas what is wrong/misconfigured?

GSSAPI is being selected as the preferred mechanism from the supported
list, but that has not been configured correctly. I'm assuming from the
presence of username and password that you are not specifically wanting
to use GSSAPI?

If that's correct can avoid this error by restricting the allowed
mechanisms in /etc/sasl2/qpidd.conf. Add an entry for mech_list with a
space separate list of allowed options, e.g.:

mech_list: DIGEST-MD5 PLAIN

Alternatively as Steve points out you can set the mechanism per
connection or as a command line option to utilities like qpid-perftest.

(If you do want to use GSSAPI, have a look at e.g.
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/14/html-single/Security_Guide/#sect-Security_Guide-Kerberos)

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
It looks like the wrong auth mechanism. Try adding --mechanism PLAIN

If that fails, restart the broker with -t and then you'll be able to see
the exchange that produces the exception.

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications