Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Giovanni Paolo Gibilisco <gi...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/03 18:37:26 UTC

Trigger a script after cluster installation

Hi,
I'm developing a script to configure hue accordinf to the configuration
managed by Ambari. I would like to run this script after:

the installation of the cluster via ambari web interface is finished AND
services have been started.

If there a way to understand when this process is finished?
Best,
Giovanni

Re: Trigger a script after cluster installation

Posted by Jayush Luniya <jl...@hortonworks.com>.
Also what is your Ambari version?

"The ability to add custom services via Ambari Web is new as of Ambari 1.7.0."

Thanks
Jayush

From: Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 11:08 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<ma...@ambari.apache.org>" <us...@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Trigger a script after cluster installation

Do you see your new services through the Ambari REST API?

http://ambari-server:8080/api/v1/stacks/HDP/versions/2.2/services

Yusaku

From: Giovanni Paolo Gibilisco <gi...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 8:15 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<ma...@ambari.apache.org>" <us...@ambari.apache.org>>

Thank you, this was very useful but I'm facing another issue now:

I have followed the guide at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=38571133#Overview(Ambari1.5.0orlater)-DefiningaServiceandComponents

and added a dummy service to Ambari service stacks, in particular to HDP 2.2. However after restarting the ambari server the "add service" button remains disabled. I noticed that Ambari made an archive in the new folder i created for the service, so I assume it distributed it to the other agents.

How one might mitigate this problem?

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 6:53 PM Jayush Luniya <jl...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:
You can implement a custom command for it.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=38571133

"Ambari supports different commands scripts written in PYTHON. The type is used to know how to execute the command scripts. You can also create custom commands if there are other commands beyond the default lifecycle commands your component needs to support."

Regards
Jayush

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Giovanni Paolo Gibilisco <gi...@gmail.com>.