Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Mena <rt...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/07 19:22:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Re:Vitrual Host Bandwidth Throttle

Hi Jason,

If you find those tools please let me know.

So far besides hacking apache the way that seems more
feaseable would be to setup apache to log in a
database (mysql for ex) and use tools such as
webalizer to calculate the usage on a given interval.

As long as your site is not high volume (so it would
surpass the limit within the webalizer runs) you could
cron to move the content of the real server to another
directory and create an empty of "default" page (this
site has exceeded the transfer limit blah ....)

---------------

Server version: Apache/2.0.48

Hello everyone,
        I am hoping that someone will be able to help
with this seening
as I
have been looking for a sometime now for an answer. I
would like to
limit
bandwidth on a per virtual host per month basis.
e.g.
vhost #1 allowed 1GB data transfer a month
vhost #2 allowed 5GB data transfer a month
vhost #3 allowed 2.6GB data transfer a month

Re: [users@httpd] Re:Vitrual Host Bandwidth Throttle

Posted by Jason D <ja...@codepanzyz.com>.
Thanks for a giving me something to think about, Had a question about the
part
""you could cron to move the content of the real server to another directory
and create an empty of "default" page""
Could you explain this a little more? It sounds like your saying to move all
of the content/files from the virual host directory? I'm running 5 sites
right now and looking to add as many as I can as part of a web hosting
venture. So I would need something that would be low resourse, standard, and
reliable when dealing with a high amount of content. From the way started
that reply " If you find those tools please let me know" I'm guessing me not
being able to find an answer anywhere is because there is no good answer.
Has anyone ever used the Roxen web server?
http://www.roxen.com/products/webserver/ . In their demo pages it looks like
it has this vhost throttle ablity, but I don't have a spare box to test it
on. Any one used it before? not to get off point of the fact I would like to
get this to work with Apache 2.x
                     Thanks,