Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Raviprasad T <ra...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/13 13:23:39 UTC

Which version of Hive support : creating Procedure

Hi,
  We are using Hive version ( 2.1.1)  & CDH version ( 6.2.1).

Can you please let me know,  Am I able to create Procedure in this version
of Hive (2.1.1).

I try to create the below procedure in Hive. It is throwing error.

hive>  create procedure set_message (IN Name string).........

Error message :   Cannot recognize input near CREATE PROCEDURE.. DDL
statement...
RAVI PRASAD. T

Re: Which version of Hive support : creating Procedure

Posted by Shawn Weeks <sw...@weeksconsulting.us>.
Another note to go with this, you have to run the plsql shell to use procedures. It’s not integrated into hiveserver2 nor accessible from JDBC so it’s still fairly limited.

Thanks

Shawn

From: Suresh Kumar Sethuramaswamy <ro...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, January 13, 2020 at 9:06 AM
To: "user@hive.apache.org" <us...@hive.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Which version of Hive support : creating Procedure

Hi Raviprasad,

    Though Hive procedural SQL is introduced as part of Hive2.0.0 tracked against HIVE-11055<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-11055>, This is an unsupported feature in CDH6(Release Notes<https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/release-notes/topics/rg_cdh_621_unsupported_features.html#hive_c6_unsupported_features>)

Thanks
Suresh Sethuramaswamy

Posted by Suresh Kumar Sethuramaswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raviprasad,