Posted to dev@community.apache.org by siddharth srivastava <ak...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/11 17:40:03 UTC

When would Jira be up ?

Hi

I unable to access Jira for almost two days. At first it showed that
Jira is being indexed and it is 91% complete.
But since yesterday, it shows that Jira is under maintenance and now
even the network status page seems to be down[1].
Is it the same for everyone and is there any expected time when it
would be up again ?

[1]: https://monitoring.apache.org/status/

Thanks
--
Regards
Siddharth Srivastava

Re: When would Jira be up ?

Posted by siddharth srivastava <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hi

> The network status page [1] works for me, but it shows JIRA service in
> green while the actual JIRA site responds with "Maintenance in
> progress" web page.
>
> Best regards,
> Konstantin Kolinko

Thanks for the information. I am also able to access the network
status page now.

--
Regards
Siddharth Srivastava

Re: When would Jira be up ?

Posted by Jed Smith <je...@jedsmith.org>.
That policy applies to the private lists of PMCs, such as
libcloud-private. I do not believe in spirit that policy should apply
to committers@ -- and, it most likely doesn't. While committers@ is
indeed "private", it is not a PMC private list which I believe that
policy is discussing.

Infra is not violating anything. GSoC is obviously a special case, but
I'd assert that it's the responsibility of mentors to keep their
students aware of what is going on. Just don't quote committers@ to do
it, is the only rub.

Let's not get carried away going after Infra when there was a
breakdown of communication between a mentor and his student, they have
enough on their plate as it is.

--
Jed Smith
jed@jedsmith.org

Re: When would Jira be up ?

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Konstantin Kolinko wrote on Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 01:31:57 +0400:
> 2012/8/13 Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>:
> > I think there are two separate problems here,
> >
> > 1) Given that an update was sent to committers@, is it ok to quote it or
> > summarise it or mention its existence or non of the above
> >
> > 2) Where should updates be sent to
> >

> > The latter is being debated on infra-dev@.  The former I'm unhappy with
> > quoting a committers@ annoucement wholesale, that doesn't set a good
> > precedent for that (private) list.
> >

> There is a policy in ASF,
> http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#mailing-list-naming-policy
>
> [quote]
> All PMCs SHALL restrict their communication on private mailing lists
> to only issues that cannot be discussed in public such as:
> [/quote]
>
> So I think that Infra members violate the above policy and abuse the
> committers list, in the cases when the information is none of the

Infra is not a PMC.

If you have concerns with the operation of infra you're welcome to raise
them with the the infra team, VP Infrastructure, the President, or the
Board.

Re: When would Jira be up ?

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Re: When would Jira be up ?

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Re: When would Jira be up ?

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.

Re: When would Jira be up ?

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Re: When would Jira be up ?

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2012/8/11 siddharth srivastava <ak...@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> I unable to access Jira for almost two days. At first it showed that
> Jira is being indexed and it is 91% complete.
> But since yesterday, it shows that Jira is under maintenance and now
> even the network status page seems to be down[1].
> Is it the same for everyone and is there any expected time when it
> would be up again ?
>

> [1]: https://monitoring.apache.org/status/

Yes, it is the same for everybody.

The below is a quote from the e-mail that was sent to the committers@
mailing list yesterday by Tony Stevenson of the Apache Infrastructure
Team. I see that you are not an ASF committer, so you probably have
not seen it.

[quote]
Folks,

We are still having issues with JIRA, which we are trying to work through.
It looks like we will need to move it onto a dedicated machine, which
will hopefully be done in the next day or so.

Apologies for the instability over the past few days, we have been
trying to sure it up but that now seems to have been in vain.

It looks like we will be moving the service back to a native machine,
as the load it is often placed under is too significant.

Cheers,
Tony

On behalf of the Apache Infrastructure Team
[/quote]

There were also messages on the infrabot twitter channel,
http://twitter.com/infrabot