Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Xiaohua Chen <xi...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/06 19:51:47 UTC

How to login a user with password to Kerberos Hadoop instead of ticket cache or key tab file ?

Hi Experts,

We have a use case which needs to login user into Kerberos hadoop
using the kerberos user's name and password.

I have searched around and only found that
1) one can login a user  from ticket cache ( this is the default one)  or
2) login a user from this user's keytab file e.g.
 UserGroupInformation.loginUserFromKeytabAndReturnUGI("sochen",
"/tmp/sochen.keytab"));

Can you shed some light how I can login a user using his kerberos
password and get a UserGroupInformation object so I can invoke
doAs(....) to access the HDFS file system ?

Thanks a lot!

Sophia

Re: How to login a user with password to Kerberos Hadoop instead of ticket cache or key tab file ?

Posted by Xiaohua Chen <xi...@gmail.com>.
Larry,

Thanks and you have a nice day!

Best regards,

Sophia

Posted by Xiaohua Chen <xi...@gmail.com>.
Larry,

Posted by Xiaohua Chen <xi...@gmail.com>.
Larry,

Posted by Xiaohua Chen <xi...@gmail.com>.
Larry,

Posted by Larry McCay <lm...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: How to login a user with password to Kerberos Hadoop instead of ticket cache or key tab file ?

Posted by Larry McCay <lm...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: How to login a user with password to Kerberos Hadoop instead of ticket cache or key tab file ?

Posted by Larry McCay <lm...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: How to login a user with password to Kerberos Hadoop instead of ticket cache or key tab file ?

Posted by Larry McCay <lm...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: How to login a user with password to Kerberos Hadoop instead of ticket cache or key tab file ?

Posted by Xiaohua Chen <xi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Larry,

Posted by Xiaohua Chen <xi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Larry,

Posted by Xiaohua Chen <xi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Larry,

Posted by Xiaohua Chen <xi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Larry,

Posted by Larry McCay <lm...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: How to login a user with password to Kerberos Hadoop instead of ticket cache or key tab file ?

Posted by Larry McCay <lm...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: How to login a user with password to Kerberos Hadoop instead of ticket cache or key tab file ?

Posted by Larry McCay <lm...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: How to login a user with password to Kerberos Hadoop instead of ticket cache or key tab file ?

Posted by Larry McCay <lm...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE