Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org> on 2015/01/28 20:20:37 UTC

Off-topic translation management

Hi Just a question that I couldnt answer, how is the translation being
handled upon merging. I understand AOO uses its own string management (SDF)
and there is a process to merge the localization into the application.
However I dont really have enough knowledge on the application side, and
the tools to make this merging, is there any documentation explaining this
process, and how are the placeholders on the app handled.

Regards.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: Off-topic translation management

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> Hi Just a question that I couldnt answer, how is the translation being
> handled upon merging. I understand AOO uses its own string management (SDF)
> and there is a process to merge the localization into the application.
> However I dont really have enough knowledge on the application side, and
> the tools to make this merging, is there any documentation explaining this
> process, and how are the placeholders on the app handled.

PO files are manually converted to SDF. SDF is then used directly within
the build process, there are no external tools that process the SDF
files (or they do it transparently during the build process). The best
path to investigate would probably be to track what happens when using
the --with-lang configure option.

Regards,
   Andrea.