Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Pablo <pa...@tiger.com.pl> on 2006/03/24 14:00:03 UTC

geronimo and eclipse wtp

Hello everyone

I've been trying to use wtp plugin for eclipse to run my web application
with no success so far.
wtp and Apache tomcat 5.5.x works fine however geronimo doesn't.

So I wanted to run the simplest possible web application on geronimo
using wtp plugin.
Created a webapp with an index.html file.
Then I start the geronimo server (jetty) and when it's running I choose
"Run on server" from index.html's context menu (from a tutorial).
Of course I choose geronimo and press finish. Unfortunatelly I got message:

    HTTP ERROR: 404

Not Found

RequestURI=/wtp_tutorial/index.html

/Powered by Jetty:// <http://jetty.mortbay.org>
/

Of course the server is working fine, I can log into console, deploy web
applications and everything works fine. But not with wtp plugin.
When I create a war from this example web application and deploy it in
geronimo using console then I index.html shows up so the appliacation
works fine.

The question is, what am I doing wrong that I can't use geronimo in wtp
eclipse plugin ?
When I try to use a web app in eclipse with geronimo, the project is not
deployed in geronimo. There is no evidence of such project in the
console in:
Application
|--->Web App WARs

I'm using geronimo-1.0-jetty with wtp 1.0.1, eclipse 3.2m4

Cheers
Pablo

Re: geronimo and eclipse wtp

Posted by Pablo <pa...@tiger.com.pl>.
Sachin Patel wrote:

> Your error is most likely due to you using a 1.5 JRE.  You cannot
> launch eclipse using a 1.5 JRE and will need to fall back on using
> 1.4.x either by setting your system default, using the -vm argument
> or copying the 1.4x jre directory into your eclipse installation.
> This problem will be addressed in future releases.
>
> - sachin

I knew that G runs on 1.4 and made myself sure that geronimo wtp plugin
uses 1.4.
However as you wrote it's not sufficient. When I changed VM for eclipse
now it's working.
There is still one thing wrong. When I run a html file via "Run on
Server" the application is deployed but its status is stopped. I have to
start it in geronimo's console. Then everything works fine.

Thanks for the help
Cheers
Pablo

Re: geronimo and eclipse wtp