Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by kbar <wh...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/26 22:02:03 UTC

How to add properties to a nt:file node

I am new to Jackrabbit and I am actually using it via Sling. I would like to
add properties to a nt:file node. I have read that I need to add a mixin to
it to allow it to accept properties. Could someone tell me how I go about
doing this? It would be great if there was a default mixin like
"mix:versionable" that I could just add. Maybe something like
"mix:allowproperties" should become a part of Jackrabbit?

For my purposes everything I put into jackrabbit will be a file. And these
files will always need properties. But the first property that I am
desperately trying to attach to a nt:file is slings "sling:resourceType" so
that I can write a html.esp page to display the file in a html page the way
I want to.

I hope someone can help me on this one.

Cheers,
kbar

Re: How to add properties to a nt:file node

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
On 26 Sep 2009, at 21:02, kbar wrote:

> I am new to Jackrabbit and I am actually using it via Sling. I would
> like to
> add properties to a nt:file node. I have read that I need to add a
> mixin to
> it to allow it to accept properties. Could someone tell me how I go
> about
> doing this? It would be great if there was a default mixin like
> "mix:versionable" that I could just add. Maybe something like
> "mix:allowproperties" should become a part of Jackrabbit?
>
> For my purposes everything I put into jackrabbit will be a file. And
> these
> files will always need properties. But the first property that I am
> desperately trying to attach to a nt:file is slings
> "sling:resourceType" so
> that I can write a html.esp page to display the file in a html page
> the way
> I want to.

best to ask Sling dev (cc'd)

Have you tried the quick start [1], in particular  ?

Create the header node:

curl -F"sling:resourceType=foo/header" -F"headline=Hello, Sling world" http://admin:admin@localhost:8888/content/header
---------
Then see [2], it might help