Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Yakov Kerzhner <yk...@hbk.com> on 2021/02/22 23:38:24 UTC

A serious bug in the fitting of a binary logistic regression.

I have written up a JIRA, and there is a gist attached that has code that reproduces the issue.  This is a fairly serious issue as it probably affects everyone who uses spark to fit binary logistic regressions.
Would be great if someone who understands binary logistic regressions and the implementation in scala to take a look.

Re: A serious bug in the fitting of a binary logistic regression.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
I'll take a look. At a glance - is it converging? might turn down the
tolerance to check.
Also what does scikit learn say on the same data? we can continue on the
JIRA.