Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2012/03/25 16:00:13 UTC

Notice: compilation of mod_jk for httpd 1.3 broken in 1.2.35

Fixed by http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1305020&view=rev

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Notice: compilation of mod_jk for httpd 1.3 broken in 1.2.35

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 03/25/2012 08:15 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 25.03.2012 20:05, Mladen Turk wrote:
>> On 03/25/2012 04:00 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
>>> Fixed by http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1305020&view=rev
>>>

> I went through the change logs of the last three years and only very few changes were missing, of which only one was critical, namely the one cited above.
> But I'm fine with announcing that we stop maintaining mod_jk for HTTPD 1.3 after 1.2.35. The only problem is that then the last release can't be build. Should we provide a "patches_to_apply_..." directory like httpd does it for important patches?

I'm fine with that.
I'll just say in the ANN that this version does not compile with 1.3 unless you
apply the r1035020. If there will be enough community interest in the future we
can either release 1.2.36 or just stop here and cleanup all the config mess needed
for supporting both 1.3 and 2.x branches.

Regards
--
^TM

Re: Notice: compilation of mod_jk for httpd 1.3 broken in 1.2.35

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 25.03.2012 20:05, Mladen Turk wrote:
> On 03/25/2012 04:00 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> Fixed by http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1305020&view=rev
>>

> LOL. Are you waiting for a release to carry the bad news :)

Don't shoot the messenger. Wasn't able to test earlier, but at least
wanted to let you know before the announcement.

> Anyhow, don't care much 'bout 1.3

I don't care enough to let this problem stop the release. I don't expect
much remaining use, i.e. old web server but most recent mod_jk isn't
very likely.

> We should probably drop further support for something
> abandoned long time ago.

Not really abandoned, at least not by me ;)

I went through the change logs of the last three years and only very few
changes were missing, of which only one was critical, namely the one
cited above.

But I'm fine with announcing that we stop maintaining mod_jk for HTTPD
1.3 after 1.2.35. The only problem is that then the last release can't
be build. Should we provide a "patches_to_apply_..." directory like
httpd does it for important patches?

Have a nice week anyways!

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 03/25/2012 04:00 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
> Fixed by http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1305020&view=rev

LOL. Are you waiting for a release to carry the bad news :)

Anyhow, don't care much 'bout 1.3
We should probably drop further support for something
abandoned long time ago.

Cheers
--
^TM