Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Tim TerlegÄrd <ti...@se.linux.org> on 2006/11/08 17:28:30 UTC

make jmeter use specific ports

I finally got jMeter (client and server) working through firewalls. RMI
uses random ports and that makes it hard to to use jmeter behind
firewalls.

There's a solution titled "a modified version" here:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterRemoteTestingEnhancements

That patch allowed me to connect to the server. The server could not
connect to the client though. Applying the same patch on
RemoteSampleListenerImpl.java solved that as well.

This change is a total of 6 lines. What about adding this to jmeter?

/Tim