Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/23 10:01:21 UTC

Re: End-of-line style plugin

2008/1/23, John Coleman <jo...@eurobase-international.com>:

> I quickly threw together an end-of-line style plugin yesterday becausee
> of problems I had importing a large Maven project into subversion.
>
> The plugin will list any files under the src tree that have inconsistent
> <CR>, <CRLF> or <LF> line endings.
>
> It's a bit rough and ready, but if anyone else is interested I will
> consider sharing or publishing it.

It seems like a must-have plugin: sometimes I have problems with
inconsistent newlines. Does it produce a report? Does it manage the
svn:eol-style property, and in particular the "native" value?

Antonio

RE: End-of-line style plugin

Posted by John Coleman <jo...@eurobase-international.com>.
The change notes for 1.4.6 mention ignoring eol-style violations "* fixed: allow invalid svn:eol-style values (r28331)"

I don't see any note about correcting the eol-styles.

John

Eurobase International Limited and its subsidiaries (Eurobase) are unable to exercise control over the content of information in E-Mails. Any views and opinions expressed may be personal to the sender and are not necessarily those of Eurobase. Eurobase will not enter into any contractual obligations in respect of any part of its business in any E-mail.

Privileged / confidential information may be contained in this message and /or any attachments. This E-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain confidential information. If you are not the / an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately, and then delete this E-mail.

Neither the sender nor Eurobase accepts any liability whatsoever for any defects of any kind either in or arising from this E-mail transmission. E-Mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free, as messages can be intercepted, lost, corrupted, destroyed, contain viruses, or arrive late or incomplete. Eurobase does not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan any attachments.

Eurobase Systems Limited is the main trading company in the Eurobase International Group; registered in England and Wales as company number 02251162; registered address: Essex House, 2 County Place, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 0RE, UK.

RE: End-of-line style plugin

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.

RE: End-of-line style plugin

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@Elsag-Solutions.com>.

RE: End-of-line style plugin

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Couldn't this already be checked with checkstyle and/or pmd?

Posted by deckrider <de...@gmail.com>.

--
ASCII ribbon campaign:
()  against HTML email
/\  against Microsoft attachments
    Information:  http://www.expita.com/nomime.html

RE: End-of-line style plugin

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.
For what it is worth, I've adjusted the svn_apply_autoprops.py script of subversion to apply dos2unix to all files, which should have the svn:eol-style property set. This clearly makes it much easier to clean your repository or import code into your svn repository. Mind, the new script won't have the functionality of the old script, so you should make 2 scripts.

Below is the diff.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

Diff:

---
> # $HeadURL: http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/1.4.x/contrib/client-side/svn_apply_autoprops.py $
> # $LastChangedRevision: 20790 $
> # $LastChangedDate: 2006-07-20 03:51:37 +0000 (Thu, 20 Jul 2006) $
> # $LastChangedBy: dlr $
114,117c114,116
<     if not dirname.count("target"):

RE: End-of-line style plugin

Posted by John Coleman <jo...@eurobase-international.com>.
Hi,

The report looks like this:

[warn] Z:\Audit TrailSettings.xml violation counts 83x<LF> 1x<CRLF>
1x<CR>
[warn] inconsistent line endings found
[info] Done with 4930 files checked 1 violations

No it does not look at the eol-style property, but that would be a cool
feature, because then the plugin could also enforce the selected
eol-style. Any ideas how to do this? I suppose I could just parse the
svn config file, but someone needs to explain how to apply the property
for each case.

John